Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Wanderings-August 2010

Greetings dear family and friends,

What a wonderful summer it has been but it is time for school to start once again. Over the summer I worked full time on campus which is helping me with tuition here at Bethany College of Missions. I have grown very close to my fellow brothers and sisters that were here over the summer.
It was great to see many of you on my trip back home earlier in June. I must say what an encouragement it was to know how many in the Rainwater family are keeping up with me and supporting me, many of which I may have never met or at least not seen since I was too young to remember. I cannot give enough thanks to God for blessing me with such a great family.
But I must also thank everyone who has supported me through prayer and finances. Your continued support and love gives me great strength to run this race even harder. I am sure that the Lord will bless you all even more for your faithfulness. Give thanks to the Lord who provides!
As this summer comes to a close there are many exciting things coming up this school year. The first great thing is that I am going to be a mentor this coming year. I will have up to ten freshmen boys whom I am in charge of discipleship as they enter into this new season in their walk. It will be an awesome opportunity to minister into these young men's lives by coming beside them to stir them on in righteousness. This will be my main ministry outside of my own studies. But there is also going to be some great ministry events happening throughout the year.
The first event is a large hippy music festival called Harvest Fest that is going on the weekend after Labor Day. There is a few of us joining with a local ministry know as Street Level to minister in this dark place. We will literally be a light in a dark place. I attended last year and there was much fruit.
Secondly, I have an opportunity before Thanksgiving to go on a short-term trip to Azerbaijan, a small country north of Iran. I do not have all the details for this trip but will be updating you soon. This trip is an elective class that counts towards my degree.
Probably the most exciting thing is that I will soon find out where I will be going on my overseas internship a year from now. Please pray for my fellow students and me as we prepare for this process over the school year.  I am so excited about all that will be happening this year and hope to have many great stories to share with you all. I want to thank you all again because I can not walk this journey with out you. And again I must thank God for His grace to walk in righteousness before Him.
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9

Some cool Kenyan's we met while watching the World Cup Finals

No comments:

Post a Comment