Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Learned not earned!

 We earn nothing in the Kingdom, but we must learn certain things.

       Go and LEARN what this means, ‘I desire MERCY, and not sacrifice.’ For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.” ~Matthew 9:13 ESV


Take My yoke upon you, and LEARN from Me, for I am GENTLE and LOWLY in heart, and you will FIND REST for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” ~Matthew 11:29-30 ESV

        “From the fig tree LEARN its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts out its leaves, you KNOW that summer is near. So also, when you see all these things, you know that He is near, at the very gates. Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. ~Matthew 24:32-35 ESV

Truly, we do not know these things and they do not come automatically. We have to learn them: mercy and how much God delights in it; humility and contentment; discerning times and seasons. Lord, teach us these things.


No comments:

Post a Comment