Saturday, May 22, 2010

Journaling through Psalm 119 and other Psalms-21 May 2010

I am a sojourner on the earth; hide not Your ways from me! My soul is consumed with longing for Your ways at all times. My soul clings to the dust; give me life according to Your word! Put false ways far from me, and graciously teach me Your law! Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in Your ways. Confirm to Your servant Your promise, that You may be feared, in Your righteousness give me life! Let Your steadfast love come to me, O Lord, Your salvation according to your promise. For I trust in Your word. And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth. This is my comfort in my affliction, that Your promise gives me life. Your statutes have been my songs in the house of my sojourning. The Lord is my portion; I promise to keep Your words. I entreat Your favor with all my heart; be gracious to me according to Your promise. I am a companion of all who fear You, of those who keep Your precepts. The earth, O Lord, is full of Your steadfast love. You have dealt well with Your servant, O Lord, according to Your word. Teach me good judgment and knowledge. Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep Your word. You are good and do good; teach me Your statutes. It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I might learn Your statutes. The law of Your mouth is better to me that thousands of gold and silver pieces. Your hands have made and fashioned me. Those who fear You shall see me and rejoice, because I hoped in Your word. I know, O Lord, that Your rules are righteous, and that in faithfulness You have afflicted me. Let Your steadfast love comfort me according to Your promise to Your servant. My soul longs for Your salvation; I hope in Your word. My eyes long for Your promise! How sweet are Your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Give me life, O Lord, according to Your word! Accept my freewill offering of praise, O Lord, and teach me Your ways. Your testimonies are my heritage forever, for they are the joy of my heart. I hate the double-minded, but I love Your law.You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your word. Uphold me according to Your promise, that I may live, and let me not be put to shame in my hope! Hold me up, that I may be safe and have regard for Your statutes continually! You spurn all who go astray from Your statutes, for their cunning is in vain. All the wicked of the earth You discard like dross, therefore I love Your testimonies. My flesh trembles for fear of You, and I am afraid of Your judgments. My eyes long for Your salvation and for the fulfillment of Your righteous promise. I am Your servant; give me understanding, that I may know Your testimonies! The unfolding of Your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple. Turn to me and be gracious to me, as is Your way with those who love Your name. Keep steady my steps according to Your promise, and let no iniquity get dominion over me. Make Your face shine upon Your servant, and teach me Your ways. My eyes shed streams of tears, because people do not keep Your law. My zeal consumes me, because my foes forget Your words. Your promise is well tried, and Your servant loves it! With my whole heart I cry; answer me, O Lord! I call to You; save me. I rise before dawn and cry for help; I hope in Your words. My eyes are awake before the watches of the night, that I may meditate on Your promise. Hear my voice according to Your steadfast love, O Lord, according to Your justice give me life. Give me Your mercy, O Lord; give me life according to Your ways. I look at the faithless with disgust, because they do not keep Your commandments. Give me life according to Your steadfast love. The sum of Your word is truth, and every one of Your righteous ways endures forever. Let my cry come before You, O Lord; give me understanding according to Your word. My lips will pour forth praise, my tongue will sing of Your word. I long for Your salvation, O Lord, let my soul live and praise You. My help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth. I shall not die, but shall live, and recount the deeds of the Lord. The Lord has disciplined me severely, but He has not given me over to death. As for me, I shall in my integrity; redeem me, and be gracious to me. My foot stands on level ground; in the great assembly I will bless the Lord. To You I lift up my eyes, O You who are enthroned in the heavens! Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting! -Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment