Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Journal Entry 3 April 2009

I am the wanderer, beating down the land below my callused feet. Planes, trains, and automobiles but horse and saddle cannot be beat. None be strangers these. The rambler’s heart beats within my chest calling, pushing me to move on, to meet new folks and learn from their peculiar ways. Some think me crazy and mayhap that be right. But tis just the same, I’m gonna keep wandering till my dying day. Perhaps, my Papa in the heavenlies will bless me with a partner of the fair… Tis a funny thing that women be the most beautiful creature in the natural realm yet most certainly the bane of man’s existence, but I do love ‘em still. They say to have loved and lost is better than never lovin a’tall. I say tis truth this, for to give your love and the other to refuse is the latter’s loss and none of my own. Cause life is not about no broken hearts but having the strength to let yet another in. For it’s in the suffering we find sweet, sweet joy. So…I’ll just keep a rollin, cause it’s all gonna be gravy on the other side. But it is the eyes of girls so fair that melt my machismo to a shallow puddle. I do thank the Lord for this blues band in the corner playin today, for how it soothes the burning soul and lets these rambling pages get writ.
Selah
Oh how I long to ride across the Steppe of the East. For in this far off land the nomads still roam no worries of the world so cruel. Tis a funny thing that Abba’s path to such will lead me through a city yet, one too big for my mind to truly grasp. It does make me slightly chuckle. Good thing I love people so, yet it’s the ruts they’re stuck traveling in that makes my heart lament. It’s not my own path I wish them to follow for mine is a hard one. It’s my truest passion still to help my brothers and sisters find a love for life, AKA the Great I AM, and that they become seekers of everything to the uttermost. Otherwise, they are just souls waitin on their pitiful flesh to wilt and die. And oh, how it saddens me so. But when just one lets their heart get lost and they have no clue where to go, but they just know they gotta get there, how it makes my heart jump. Cause its only when you realize you’re lost that one can seek the path out of darkness. For it is people’s hearts that is the darkest of places, and in these I am so compelled to go that Yeshua might set them free. To the Kingdom He is calling, not just a safe place to be when the flesh rests but a fight to join, an epic journey to travel, grand adventures to be had. A life beyond mere existence, and whether they travel many lands or merely go down the street a couple blocks, sweet unending joy they shall have. Though none find perfection in this time of carnal flesh, the truest pursuit of it yields a beauty that transcends what our mere senses can understand. It doesn’t take complicated theology, simply love God with all you got and love others with the same passion you have for your own life. All things fall under this. Jesus is God, my King and dearest friend. That’s my theology. This way is so simple yet it pervades all I do, think, and sense. I interpret all through this lens. Life becomes like jazz, moments like notes composed on the fly in a rhythm that is pure beauty.
Amen

2 comments:

  1. Rockin' You surely were born in another time. That's okay though. Sometimes I think I truly live in the hills of Tennessee that's neither here nor there. Keep them wanderin' up. All who wander, are not lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that quote from Tolkien, I have it on my water bottle

    ReplyDelete