Monday, March 22, 2010

My Wanderings

My Wanderings

Hello dear friends and family,
To say the least it has been a busy time since I arrived in Minnesota. I want to thank you all for your support both in prayer and finances. I know that I am truly loved by God and many people. It is almost too much for me to understand why I am so loved other than the fact of the Messiah’s transforming power.
I am sorry for not writing you sooner and I am going to try to do better in the future. It has been nonstop action since I got here but it has been amazing also. The best thing about other than a very tangible presence of God is my new brothers and sisters in the Lord. They are an amazing bunch of people. We are truly family here at Bethany College of Missions. Not to mention that everyone is consumed with the love of our King Jesus.
We have had great classes with amazing teachers. Our first class was Christology or the study of Christ. And we just built on our knowledge from there. Also, the opportunities for ministry have been awesome. The school is connected to so many Churches and ministries that you cannot possibly join them all.
Last semester, we all went to the University of Minnesota every Monday night for evangelism. It was great but there is much darkness there to deal with. There are still many that go but this semester we have more options on what ministry we can do. It is a requirement that we do ministry at least once a week. I am part of a group of ten students that feels led to reach out to our neighbors that are in close proximity to the school, it is called Auto Club Ministry.
I have also been able to do much outside of the required ministries. I have witnessed on the streets to homeless people, to shoppers at the Mall of America, and even to crazy hippies at a large music fest. And I have seen the Spirit break into some people’s hearts.
However, my favorite thing is my time in the Prayer Room. We are moving to have it open 24-7, it is not quite there but I still love being a part of it. I spend many hours in intercession every week. For one hour a week I am part of a worship team and I do prayer leading. During this time I mainly have been praying for the church to grow in unity and holiness, plus I have been doing much intercession for Israel.
Psalm 122:6-Pray for the peace of Jerusalem!
This verse has rocked my heart. The Spirit has been showing me many scriptures that show that Israel must come back to Jesus and cry for His return. In Matthew 23:37-38 our Lord cried out, “Jerusalem, Jerusalem…For I tell you, you will not see Me again, until you say, ’Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’” Jesus will return when His people cry out for Him, the Messiah. This has become such a burden on my heart that I feel led to travel to Jerusalem to intercede for and minister to the Israeli people amongst them for a season, sometime soon hopefully. I would like God to open the door for me to go this summer.
Well, that is quick overview of what has been going on in my life. If you would like I could tell you many more stories, my phone is still (479)221-4130 and my email is eric.rainwater@bcom.org. I would also love to hear what has been going on in your life and if you need any prayer I would love to pray and encourage you all, I do anyways but specifics always help.
Peace be to the brothers and sisters, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace be with you all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with love incorruptible.—Eph. 6:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment